Tickets are on sale now for Holiday Festival on Ice, Dec. 2, 2016 in
Red Deer, AB, Dec. 3, 2016 in Medicine Hat, AB, and Dec. 4, 2016 in Vernon, BC.
Tickets go on sale for the 2017 Canadian Stars on Ice tour via
Internet presale on Dec. 6 (password: BROWNING). They go on sale to
the general public on Dec. 9. Meet and Greet registration also opens
TV/MEDIA ALERTS: (check local listings)
* All ISU competitions feature Kurt Browning as commentator. Check local listings. Time zones may be off.
- 12/10/16 - Grand Prix Final* (ice dance, men's free) - 3:00PM EST/12:00PM PST
- 12/11/16 - Musselman's Apple Sauce Family Skating Tribute (repeat) - 3-5PM ET/2-4PM CT/1-3PM MT/2-4PM PT, ABC
- 12/17/16 - Grand Prix Final* (pairs, ladies free) - 1:30PM EST/10:30AM PST
New developments: 11/28/16
- The 2017 Canadian Stars on Ice tour has been announced, and Kurt Browning is back as a full time cast member. Cast includes Kurt, Patrick Chan, Elvis Stojko, Jeffrey Buttle, Kaetlyn Osmond, Meagan Duhamel & Eric Radford, and guest stars Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir (in Toronto, Hamilton, London). Tickets go on sale via Internet presale 12/6 (password BROWNING) and to the general public 12/9. Meet and Greet registration also opens 12/6. For more information, go to the Stars on Ice tour news page.
- Great article from the Vernon Morning Star talking to Kurt about Holiday Festival on Ice, coming to Vernon, BC on Sunday Dec. 4: Kurt Browning spins for Holiday Festival on Ice in Vernon.
- I haven't been posting the links to CBC's Behind the Boards Facebook Live chats with Kurt and PJ Kwong. Here are some past ones:
- since 11/12/16:
- My photos from the Family Skating Tribute show two weeks ago are up! Check out photos from the dress rehearsal and show.
- since 11/2/16:
- Kurt and his 9-year-old son Dillon skated at the Musselman's Apple Sauce Family Skating Tribute on Sunday in Pittsburgh, ON. They did two numbers, one to "Barber of Seville", and one to "Elite Syncopations". Read more in my Family Skating Tribute review. Photos to come.
- This article about the Holiday Festival on Ice show in Vernon contains an inaccurate claim that Kurt chose Vernon to be his last show place before retiring. Kurt is skating in Beijing two weeks after that show, and is not planning to retire at present.
- since 10/25/16:
- since 10/18/16:
- The third Holiday Festival on Ice show will be in Vernon, BC on Dec. 4. Tickets will be on sale at Ticketseller.ca on Oct. 22.
- since 10/14/16:
- Kurt will be skating in one show in Beijing, China on Dec. 18, 2016, skating to Singing in the Rain. I believe the show is called Kings on Ice and stars Evgeni Plushenko and Edvin Marton, and it may be televised on Beijing TV New Year's Eve, but I can't find any more information than that at the moment.
- since 10/11/16:
- Kurt Browning will be headlining Holiday Festival on Ice this December. The show visits Red Deer, AB on Dec. 2, and Medicine Hat, AB on Dec. 3. Another show is still TBA.
- There's a great recap of the Skating's Greatest Hits symphony show on this blog.
- since 9/21/16:
- since 8/10/16:
- since 6/21/16:
- Kurt Browning will be skating in the Family Skating Tribute, Oct. 30, 2016 at 6PM at the CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA. Tickets go on sale Friday, June 24, at noon. For more details, go here.
- Kurt Browning was asked to film a commercial for Home Equity Bank and invited along Don Jackson. Their collaboration led to their number together at the Toronto and Hamilton Stars on Ice shows. Here are a few articles about their experience, and how it all came about:
- Kurt, Brian Orser, and Donald Jackson surprised 79 year old adult skater Pat Noddin with a day skating together in Toronto. Read about it: Moncton's Pat Noddin laces up figure skates with 3 Canadian icons (CBC.ca, Jun. 13, 2016) and watch the video here.
- since 6/16/16:
- since 5/20/16
- My photos from the Toronto and Hamilton Stars on Ice shows are up. Kurt guest starred in both shows, and brought a special guest with him, Donald Jackson, skating a duet to "Don't Get Around Much Anymore". He also skated to an instrumental version of Justin Bieber's Love Yourself, and lent Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue a hand during retakes.
- since 3/5/16:
- My photos from Skate Niagara are now up. Check out the photos from dress rehearsal and the show.
- since 3/1/16:
- Kurt will be guest skating in the Flying Blade's 50th Anniversary Gala, April 15, 2016 in Clarenville, NL. Browning to skate in Clarenville.
- The Skate Niagara Ice Show was held last Friday. Kurt skated to "One For My Baby" and "Crash". Photos to come.
- since 2/15/16:
- Kurt will be hosting the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony's first Pops concerts of its 2016-2017 season, "Skating's Greatest Hits", on Sep. 23-24, 2016. Check the KW Symphony's website for more details.
- since 2/8/16:
- since 1/12/16:
- Kurt will be guest starring in five cities on the Canadian Stars on Ice tour - Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, Calgary, and Vancouver. Tickets are on sale now.
- since 1/4/16:
- Kurt skated in the Rock the Ice 6 show last night in Peterborough, ON. He skated to Crash Into Me and One For My Baby, and took part in an improv competition with Shawn Sawyer, Jeff Buttle, and Elladj Balde. He had to improvise to Adele's "Hello" and the "Birdy Song." Here is the local TV news report and article/review from the Peterborough Examiner of the show.
- since 12/11/15:
- My photos from the second night of Golden Moment Hawaii are now up. This show featured Daniel Dae Kim instead of Billy V as the co-host. I unfortunately have no photos of Keara Hedican's hulu number from this night because I accidentally knocked my contact lens out and was looking for it during her number. The other numbers are all there, though!
- Kurt was interviewed about Holiday Festival on Ice on 98.3 Fly FM in Kingston on Dec. 4, and they kindly gave me permission to post the mp3 of his interview on my site. Download it here.
- since 12/8/15:
- My photos from the first night of Golden Moment Hawaii are now up. Still to come, night two, featuring Daniel Dae Kim as co-host instead of Billy V, and photos from the other side of the rink. Kurt skated to Feeling Good and "Live Aloha" with Manoa DNA singing live, as well as performing a really fun group number with Brian Boitano and Jeremy Abbott. Other skaters in the cast include Kristi Yamaguchi, Brian Boitano, Katia Gordeeva, Shizuka Arakawa, Miki Ando, Yuka Sato, Takeshi Honda, Jeremy Abbott, and Meryl Davis & Charlie White.
- My photos from Holiday Festival on Ice in Kingston, ON last Saturday are now up. Kurt skated to Feeling Good and Bing Crosby's White Christmas. Other skaters in the cast were Jeff Buttle, Shawn Sawyer, Ryan Bradley, Joannie Rochette, Kimmie Meissner, Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir, and Lubov Iliushechkina & Dylan Moscovitch.
- since 11/3/15:
- Kurt will be skating in the Skate Niagara Ice Show, Feb. 26, 2016 in St. Catherine's, ON. Tickets are on sale now via Internet presale (code SN2016) and on sale to the general public Nov. 5. See the above link for more details on cast and tickets.
- since 10/31/15:
- since 10/30/15:
- Kurt will be skating in Rock the Ice VI, coming to Peterborough, ON on Jan. 3, 2016. Tickets go on sale to PMC insiders on Nov. 2, and are on sale to the general public Nov. 9 at 9:30AM.
- My review of the Syracuse, Rochester, and Albany stops of Halloween on Ice is up. Photos still to come
- Kurt's been on tour with Halloween on Ice, playing Quasimodo in near-unrecognizable fashion. Here's some press from the tour:
- Kurt had to miss the Skate America CBC broadcast since he was on tour with Halloween on Ice, but he will be back to commentate the rest of the Grand Prix events, with the exception of the Grand Prix Russia, which overlaps with Golden Moment.
- since 10/8/15:
- Holiday Festival on Ice will be coming to Kingston, ON on Dec. 5, 2015, according to this article. Tickets go on sale Oct. 16 to the general public, and Oct. 14 in an internet presale.
- Since 9/16/15:
- Kurt will be skating in the Holiday Festival on Ice show, Dec. 2 in St. John's, NL and Dec. 4 in Summerside, PE. Tickets are on sale 9/17 for the St. John's show and 9/18 for the Summerside show. See above link for more details.
- since 9/3/15:
- Kurt will skate in the Golden Moment show, Nov. 20-21, 2015 in Honolulu, HI. Tickets are on sale now via an internet presale, with the general sale beginning 9/8. Visit the above link for more details.
- since 8/11/15:
- Kurt Browning has withdrawn from the World Figure Championship in Lake Placid due to family obligations that prevent him from traveling to Lake Placid that week.
- Kurt will skate in the Superstars of Skating show, Nov. 27, 28, and 29, 2015 in Sao Paolo, Brazil. Tickets are not yet on sale.
- Kurt's older son Gabriel is playing a recurring character on the Hannibal TV series, and will appear in this week's episode, Thu Aug. 13 on CityTV in Canada, and Sat Aug. 15 on NBC. He also appeared briefly in an episode a couple weeks ago, which can be watched online on NBC.com.
- Kurt MC'ed Highlands Opera Studio's Gala in the Gardens fundraiser on Saturday, Aug. 8: Big sounds and big ideas Under the Big Tent
- since 7/3/15:
- since 6/16/15:
- since 6/8/15:
- since 5/27/15:
- My photos from the last show of the 25th anniversary Canadian Stars on Ice tour are up: Vancouver Stars on Ice Photos. The Supertramp number again has a ton of photos and a couple bugs - they are out of order due to the file numbers wrapping around, and if you click on a photo on the 2nd or 3rd page, it goes to the wrong photo. To get to the right photo, add 36 to the index in the URL for the 2nd page, and 72 to the index in the URL for the 3rd page. Sorry for the inconvenience!
- Some more articles on Stars on Ice:
- since 5/16/15:
- My photos from the Toronto Stars on Ice show are up: Toronto Stars on Ice Photos. I got a lot of pictures of the Supertramp number; unfortunately, my site is slightly broken in that you can't click on the large version of the photos from page 2 or 3 of an album. You will need to click on one of the photos on page 1 and then click "Next" repeatedly to get to the large versions of the remaining photos. I apologize for the inconvenience! Hopefully I can fix that bug in the near future.
- More articles on Stars on Ice:
- since 5/12/15:
- I've fallen terribly behind in updating this site, and I apologize. FYI, I maintain Kurt's Facebook Page, which is usually somewhat more up to date, and my Twitter feed is also usually a bit more up to date than this page (due to convenience of updating from my phone). I will try to get this page more up to date over the next few weeks.
- The 25th anniversary Canadian Stars on Ice tour, choreographed and co-directed by Kurt, is currently in progress. I attended the Toronto and Hamilton shows last weekend, and wrote this very long review. Warning, spoilers! Photos still to come.
- The Winnipeg Free Press has a good preview article talking to Kurt about the tour: Canadian figure-skating legend Kurt Browning lacing them up for 25th Stars on Ice tour.
- Tickets for Halloween on Ice, visiting 15 cities in the US and Canada this October, go on sale May 13. Kurt will co-direct and choreograph the show, as well as skate in it alongside Nancy Kerrigan, Nicole Bobek, Alissa Czisny, Shawn Saywer, and Jozef Sabovcik. More skaters to be announced soon. IceNetwork has more details.
- Kurt will be choreographing and skating in the Artistry on Ice tour, visiting Taiwan and China in July. Tickets go on sale in June. I will post more details later.
- Here's a slightly different article talking to Kurt about his (newfound) workout routine, and how he stays in shape. Kurt Browning lifting weights to keep fit
- since 2/10/15:
- since 2/7/15:
- since 2/2/15: