Read Kurt's blog about the Ice Theatre of
New York benefit gala on Oct. 25, 2013.
Tickets are on sale now for Holiday
Festival on Ice, Dec. 6 in Langley, BC, Dec. 8 in Prince George,
BC and Dec. 11 in Brandon, MB. On sale date for Dec. 28 in Lake
Placid, NY still TBA.
Tickets are on sale now for Celebration on Ice, Dec. 21 in
Bathurst, NB, and Dec. 20 in Charlottetown, PEI.
Tickets are on sale now for Art on Ice
2014, which visits Zurich, CH Feb. 27-Mar. 2, Lausanne, CH
Mar. 4-5, Davos, CH Mar. 7-8, Helsinki, FI Mar. 11, and Stockholm, SE
Kurt and Geoffrey Tyler blogged and sent photos from their
travels in Asia for Artistry on Ice and All That Skate. Check out
their messages here.
TV/MEDIA ALERTS: (check local listings)
* All ISU competitions feature Kurt Browning as commentator. Check local listings. Time zones may be off.
- 12/1/13 - George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight - 3:30-4AM ET - CBC (Canada)
- 12/1/13 - Battle of the Blades (Highlights of the Season) - 8-9:00PM ET - CBC (Canada)
- 12/2/13 - Canadian Stars on Ice 2013 - 9-10:00PM ET (9:30PM NT) - CBC (Canad)
- 12/7/13 - Musselman's Family Skating Tribute (rebroadcast) - 11AM-1PM ET - AXS TV
- 12/7/13 - Grand Prix Final *(women & pairs free) - 1-2:30PM ET - CBC (Canada)
- 12/7/13 - Grand Prix Final *(men & dance free) - 4-6:00PM ET - CBC (Canada)
- 12/8/13 - Battle of the Blades (Repeat: Highlights of the Season) - 8-9:00PM ET - CBC (Canada)
- 12/14/13 - Musselman's Family Skating Tribute (rebroadcast) - 11AM-1PM ET - AXS TV
- 12/16/13 - Holiday Festival on Ice 2013 - 9-10:00PM ET (9:30PM NT) - CBC (Canada)
- 12/22/13 - Canadian Stars on Ice 2013 - 3-4:30PM ET - French CBC (Canada)
New developments: 11/29/13
- Video from George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight featuring Kurt: From Medals to Microphones: Athletes talk about their transitions into broadcasting.
- Kurt has been added to the cast of the Progressive Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular, Dec. 14, 2013 in Jamestown, NY. Tickets are on sale now. The show airs on NBC on Jan. 5, 2014
- Lots of photos and a long article talking to Kurt about his recent seminar in Timmins: Gallery: Browning, Haw delight skaters (Timmins Press, Nov. 22, 2013)
- Photos and a brief article about Kurt's recent seminar in Timmins: Getting close up with Kurt (Kapuskasing Times, Nov. 27, 2013)
- The 2014 Schedule for the Canadian Stars on Ice tour has been released. Tickets go on sale via presale starting Dec. 2 (Montreal starts Dec. 5). Presale password: MEDALS. I've updated the Stars on Ice Tour News page with information. Tour dates and cast for the US show will be announced in January (Kurt is not doing the US tour).
- since 11/16/13:
- since 11/13/13:
- since 11/5/13:
- Kurt will be one of the celebrity participants in the second annual Raonic Race For Kids fundraising event, Nov. 19 at the Mattamy Athletic Centre in Toronto. The fundraiser benefits the Milos Raonic Foundation and Tennis Canada's "Let's Make Tennis Matter For Kids" campaign. Fundraising teams of 6-8 individuals who have raised at least $5000 to compete in the Raonic Race For Kids can participate, with the celebrities acting as honorary team captains. The event is also open to the public for viewing, with tickets starting at $20. For more information: Kurt Browning, Jim Cuddy, Damon Allen and Eugenie Bouchard Among Celebrities Set to Join Raonic Race For Kids.
- Kurt, Sonia, Gabe and Dillon took part in the Musselman's Family Skating Tribute Show Sunday night at Pegula Ice Arena in Penn State. Gabe and Dillon played waiters to Kurt and Sonia in a number to "Ratatouille", and Kurt also performed a number to "Cat's in the Cradle" featuring Gabe and Dillon. The show airs Nov. 24 at 4-6PM ET on NBC. Links:
- Photos: Musselman's Family Skating Tribute from CentreDaily.com.
- Yamaguchi and friends perform in family affair at Pegula Ice Arena (Centre Daily Times, Nov. 4, 2013)
- Olympic figure skaters come to Pegula Ice Arena (The Daily Collegian, Nov. 1, 2013)
- Olympic Figure Skaters and Their Families Perform at Pegula (The Daily Collegian, Nov. 4, 2013)
- Photos from Disson Skating's Facebook page: Dress Rehearsal, Kurt and Gabe rehearsing
- Photos from Musselman's Facebook page: Photo 1, Photo 2, Photo 3, Photo 4 and Photo 5.
- since 10/31/13:
- Kurt appeared on The Morning Show on Global TV yesterday, talking about Battle of the Blades, the Sochi Olympics, Walk the Walk and more. Watch the video. Thanks, Sherry!
- since 10/28/13:
- since 10/26/13:
- since 10/22/13:
- Added albums to the Photo Evidence page for Artistry on Ice, Lindt SickKids Charity Golf Tournament, Fins and Skins, and A Brush of Hope.
- since 10/18/13:
- since 10/11/13:
- since 10/10/13:
- Durhamregion.com has a nice article talking to Nancy Eastman, the everyday hero that Kurt surprised for the Walk the Walk special airing this Saturday Oct. 12 at 10:30PM ET/PT on Global. Canadian skating legend surprises Durham coach.
- If you missed Kurt's interview on the Barry Morgan Show yesterday, you can download a podcast of the episode here. Kurt's part starts around 40 minutes in.
- since 10/9/13:
- since 10/8/13:
- Check out this cute behnd the scenes video of Kurt on set at the taping of George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight, dancing, signing autographs, and interacting with the audience.
- since 10/5/013:
- since 10/4/13:
- since 10/1/2013:
- Kurt will be a guest co-host on ET Canada Live on Wed Oct. 2 (7:30PM ET/PT on Global). He will be showing clips from the upcoming Walk the Walk TV special. You can submit questions for him on the ET Canada Blog or via Twitter.
- since 9/29/13:
- since 9/27/13:
- Tickets are on sale now for the Musselman's Family Skating Tribute, to be held Nov. 3 at the Pegula Ice Arena in University Park, PA. You can also enter theMusselman's Celebrate Family Sweepstakes for the chance to win a VIP trip to the show.
- For the second year, Kurt has created a painting for the A Brush of Hope, celebrity paintings for kidney research auction. Check out his painting here. You can bid on the painting from Oct. 24 - Nov. 3 on Ebay.ca.
- CBC posted a cute video of Kurt, Jamie Sale, and PJ Stock, introducing The Battle of the Blades Judges.
- I've updated the TV Listings page to include all the appearances I'm aware of for Kurt in the 2013-2014 season, including his commentary for CBC. I will update this page as I get more TV dates.
- since 9/23/13:
- since 9/20/13:
- TV Guide Canada has an interview with Kurt about Battle of the Blades. In it, he confirms that he will be introducing the show with Ron MacLean before taking his seat as a judge, and that he will possibly skate at some point as well. Kurt Browning pulls double duty on Battle of the Blades.
- since 9/20/13:
- Tickets for the first two live Battle of the Blades shows (Sep. 29 and Oct. 6) are available for sale on Saturday, Sep. 21 via Ticketmaster. The show tapes at the Mastercard Centre in Toronto. For information on the rush line, go here.
- Battle of the Blades is hosting a fan event on Sunday, Sep. 22, from 3-6PM, at the CBC Broadcasting Centre in Toronto. Meet BOTB cast members and get an exclusive sneak peek at the first episode. The event is free, but first come, first serve (Doors open at 2:30PM). For more information, click here.
- Kurt will be appearing on George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight next Wednesday. Tickets for the taping are available here. Not sure when the episode will air. Thanks, Sharilyn!
- since 9/16/13:
- Kurt will be skating in Holiday Festival on Ice this year. The show visits Langley, BC on Dec. 6 (tickets on sale Sep. 21), Prince George, BC on Dec. 8 (tickets on sale Sep. 20), Brandon, MB on Dec. 11 (tickets on sale Sep. 23). and Lake Placid, NY on Dec. 28 (ticket sales TBA). The Langley show will feature musical guest Holly Cole and be taped for broadcast by CBC. For more information, Holiday Festival on Ice 2013.
- Kurt will be featured in the second episode of the six-part documentary series, Walk the Walk, airing Oct. 12 at 10:30PM on Global TV in Canada. Walk the Walk celebrates everyday community heroes by surprising them with a visit from a Canada's Walk of Fame celebrity that they have long admired. In Kurt's episode, he surprises Nancy Eastwood, coach of the Special Olympics skating club the Rising Stars, and helps to raise money for the club. Kurt's wife Sonia Rodriguez is also featured in an episode, airing Oct. 19 at 10:30PM. For more information, Walk the Walk Facebook page.
- since 9/15/13:
- Kurt will be holding a seminar with the Nepean Skating Club on Nov. 13, 2013 with Doug Haw. More details here.
- since 9/13/13:
- Global will air a six-part documentary series, Walk the Walk, which celebrates everyday heroes by surprising them with a visit from a Canada's Walk of Fame celebrity they have long admired. Both Kurt and his wife Sonia are featured. The first part airs Saturday, Oct. 12 at 10PM ET/PT on Global.
- Kurt was on CBC News today promoting Battle of the Blades. Watch the interview here.
- If you missed Kurt on CBC Live today, you can watch the video here: Watch CBC Live @TIFF - Day 9. Kurt appears about 24 minutes into the video.
- Battle of the Blades just announced that the judging panel for this year's show will consist of Kurt, Jamie Sale, and PJ Stock. The show premiers on Sep. 22 at 8PM ET on CBC.
- Kurt just filmed an episode of the fishing show Fins and Skins. Not sure when the episode will be available, but when it is, you should be able to watch the video online on that site.
- since 9/12/13:
- Kurt will be on CBC Live on Sep. 13 to promote Battle of the Blades. The livestream begins at 12:30PM ET. For more information, CBC Live @ TIFF. Thanks, Sherry!
- since 9/7/13:
- since 9/3/13:
- since 9/1/13:
- Kurt will skate in Art on Ice 2014, visiting Zurich, Lausanne, Davos, Helsinki, and Stockholm in late Feb-early March 2014. See the above link for more details.
- Kurt will not be skating in Stars on Ice Japan this year.
- since 8/23/13:
- Battle of the Blades has announced its premiere date - Battle will be Back on Sunday, Sep. 22 at 8PM (8:30PM NT) on CBC with what should be a two-hour premiere episode. Kurt will be back as co-host with Ron MacLean. The show will air only on Sundays this season.
- Kurt participated in the Hockey Night in Barrie event last week, helping to raise $250,000 for the Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre. He skated a surprise performance to Singing in the Rain at half-time as well!
- Kurt performed in Sun Valley, ID a couple weeks ago, skating to Singing in the Rain and Who's Got the Pain.
- since 7/22/13:
- since 7/16/13:
- The Celebration on Ice tour has announced dates (Dec. 20 in Charlottetown, PEI, Dec. 21 in Bathurst, NB) and cast, including Kurt, on their website.
- since 6/23/13:
- since 6/22/13:
- The last All That Skate show is today, and Kurt has sent a last blog post: Kurt's Messages From Asia. Enjoy, and thanks to Kurt for all the updates he's been sending from Asia!
- since 6/21/13:
- Two new blog entries from Kurt! He talks about China in one, and then Korea/All That Skate in the second. Read them here: Kurt's Messages From Asia.
- Since 6/20/13:
- since 6/14/13:
- since 6/12/13:
- since 6/8/13:
- since 6/7/13:
- I've updated the Messages from Asia 2013 blog with Kurt's latest entry, along with a collection of photos from Geoffrey Tyler. It's show day in Taipei!
- Pictures and article from the press conference for Artistry on Ice are here. More photos (thanks, Sachi!):
- since 6/5/13:
- Kurt has sent his first blog post from his trip to Asia. Read it here!. As he says, he will be skating to Singing in the Rain and a Chinese version of Honey in Artistry on Ice, and Singing in the Rain and a new program to "Who's Got the Pain (When You've Got the Mambo)" (Geoffrey Tyler's idea/choreography) in All That Skate.
- since 5/23/13:
- since 5/16/13:
- Information on the full cast of All That Skate has been released, and tickets are on sale. I have heard that tickets sold out within 24 hours. More information at the link above or at the official All That Skate page.
- The Stars on Ice site has a blog entry up written by Kurt: Kurt Browning's Canada Blog
- since 5/12/13:
- since 5/6/13:
- My photos from the Toronto Stars on Ice show are now up: Toronto Stars on Ice 2013. Hamilton photos are still to come. Enjoy!
- since 5/4/13:
- since 4/24/13:
- since 4/23/13:
- Kurt will be performing in the Artistry on Ice tour this June, visiting Taipei on June 8, Guangzhou on June 10, Shanghai on June 14, and Beijing on June 16.
- Kurt will be performing in Yuna Kim's All That Skate show, June 21-23 at the Olympic Park Gymnastics Arena in Seoul, Korea.
- Kurt will be performing in the August 10 Sun Valley on Ice show in Sun Valley, ID.
- The Ice Theatre of New York will be honoring Kurt at their 2013 Benefit Gala and Performance in October: Newsflash: Kurt Browning to be honored at 2013 Ice Theatre Benefit Gala and Performance.
- Kurt will be performing in the Musselman's Family Tribute on Ice show Nov. 3 at Penn State University.
- Kurt was interviewed recently by the Canadian Dad blog: Canadian Spotlight: My Interview With Kurt Browning.
- Kurt was interviewed by the Landmark Report podcast: Insights & Influence with Kurt Browning.
- Great review of the opening Canadian Stars on Ice show in Halifax from the Halifax Chronicle Herald: Skating stars wow Halifax Metro Centre crowd. Another review from a skating blogger: Stars On Ice Canada (Halifax, NS) Review (The Skate Guard)
- Watch a short video clip of Kurt, Scott Moir, and Cyril from CTV Morning Live tossing a football around on the ice: Web Extra: Cyril plays football with skating stars.
- Battle of the Blades is returning to CBC. No word yet whether Kurt will be involved. Read the Toronto Star article: Battle of the Blades returns to CBC-TV.
- since 4/3/13:
- Watch Kurt co-host the Morning Show on Global yesterday and today: April 2 National Edition, and April 3 National Edition. Don't forget to tune in Thursday and Friday as well (9-9:30AM ET/PT, 10-10:30AM AT), as he continues his co-hosting stint!
- since 4/2/13:
- My photos of the San Jose Stars on Ice show are finally up! I'm quite pleased with the quality of these photos. Check them out! San Jose Stars on Ice.
- Javier Fernandez has been added as a guest star to the Toronto Canadian Stars on Ice show, and Kaetlyn Osmond will guest star in the Calgary and Edmonton shows. For more information on the tour, go to the Stars on Ice Tour News page.
- since 3/24/13:
- My photos of the Anaheim Stars on Ice show are finally up! San Jose still to come... Anaheim Stars on Ice.
- since 3/12/13:
- since 3/11/13:
- Kurt wrote a lengthy, sweet, and funny blog looking at a typical show day and his 20 years with the US Stars on Ice tour, all at the same time. Read it here: Kurt Browning's Final Blog for U.S. Tour.
- The Q Morning Show has put up the longer audio from their fun interview with Kurt last week. Listen here.
- Kurt will be skating in CPA Valleyfield's 65th annual ice show gala, April 13-14 in Valleyfield, QC. For more information: go here.
- since 3/9/13:
- since 3/8/13:
- Kurt was interviewed on You & Me This Morning on WCIU, The U in Chicago, this morning, talking about tonight's Stars on Ice show. Watch the video here.
- Watch Kurt's brief appearance on eTalk CTV here. Click on the March 6 episode, skip to the end of the first 11 minute video (where Kurt shows up in a "Coming up next" bit), watch the commercials, and then the part about "Ice, Sweat and Tears" is towards the beginning of the second video.
- Kurt was interviewed on Portland radio yesterday morning on The Q Morning Show (WJBQ Q97.9).
- since 3/6/13:
- Kurt will be appearing on eTalk CTV tonight, 7PM/10:30PM C, to talk about the upcoming "Ice, Sweat and Tears" documentary.
- Kurt co-hosted the Morning Show on Global TV this morning. Video of the episode is up: The Morning Show: Mar 6.
- since 3/5/13:
- CBC is airing a documentary called "Ice, Sweat and Tears" on March 7 at 9PM that will feature interviews with Kurt, as well as other skaters, coaches, and choreographers, as it follows Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir, Patrick Chan, and Paige Lawrence & Rudi Swiegers in the 2011-2012 season. Read more about it here.
- Kurt, Sinead and John Kerr were interviewed by MikaylaShaynaOnline before the Anaheim Stars on Ice show. Watch the video here.
- Nwi.com talked to Kurt about the upcoming Stars on Ice show in Chicago: Browning's bittersweet goodbye to 'Stars on Ice'. Thanks, Sherry!
- since 2/28/13:
- since 2/22/13:
- since 2/7/13:
- since 1/14/13:
- since 1/8/13:
- A cool music video to "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye featuring Kimbra, starring the US Stars on Ice cast: Somebody That I Used To Know
- PJ Kwong did a great extensive interview with Kurt for her new podcast "The Open Kwong Dore", and part 1 is up now! Episode Two: Kurt Browning Part One. Kurt talks about his early years, growing up in Caroline, etc. Check it out!
- since 1/1/13:
- since 12/30/12:
- since 12/24/12:
- since 12/23/12:
- since 12/17/12:
- since 12/12/12:
- since 12/10/12:
- My review of the Langley Holiday Festival on Ice show is now up: Holiday Festival on Ice. My photos are also up here. I was only allowed to shoot warmups, the first three numbers and Kurt, which is why there aren't photos of anyone else. Got a lot of Kurt photos, though!
- since 12/1/12:
- since 11/25/12:
- since 11/23/12:
- since 11/18/12:
- The latest CBC After Skate podcast about the Trophee Eric Bompard is up, with Kurt, Tracy Wilson, and PJ Kwong: CBC After Skate
- since 11/11/12:
- The latest CBC After Skate podcast about the Cup of Russia is up, with Kurt, Tracy Wilson, and PJ Kwong: CBC After Skate.
- Kurt comments on Patrick Chan's Cup of Russia competition and his season thus far for CBC News. Watch the video here: Praise for Patrick.
- since 11/7/12:
- Kurt debuted two new programs at the Holiday Festival on Ice show last night in St. John's, NL. One was to Misty, with Measha Bruggergosman singing live, and the other was his new holiday number Two Figure Skates, about a little boy who desperately wanted figure skates, but got hockey skates instead. Kurt landed a double axel in hockey skates in that number, to his own excitement. The show has been taped for a later TV broadcast. More info to come.
- since 11/5/12:
- since 11/2/12:
- The tour schedule and cast have been announced for Kurt's final US Stars on Ice tour. The tour will be visiting six cities in the US, and the cast is Kurt, Dorothy Hamill, Ilia Kulik, Katia Gordeeva, Joannie Rochette, Ryan Bradley, Shawn Sawyer, Sinead & John Kerr. Tickets go on sale in early November. Stars on Ice announcement. Kurt Files' Stars on Ice Tour News.
- since 10/23/12:
- since 10/15/12:
- Tickets go on sale Wed. Oct. 24, for Kaleidoscope 2012, coming to Charlotte, NC on Nov. 14. Kurt will be skating alongside Evan Lysacek, Sasha Cohen, Nancy Kerrigan, Paul Wylie, and more.
- Kurt's written another great CBC blog about jumping: Figure skaters are airtime addicts.
- since 10/15/12:
- Kurt's posted a bunch of updates to Facebook: Kurt Browning Facebook Page. He's also begun work on his new solo to a song written especially for him by Gord Sinclair of the Tragically Hip. He says "It has no words and is mostly piano. Very haunting, kind of sad."
- Tickets will go on sale Oct. 18 for the Stratford, Sudbury, and Newmarket Celebration on Ice shows.
- since 10/13/12:
- since 10/11/12:
- since 10/10/12:
- You can catch Kurt's performance of Singing in the Rain from Medal Winners Open on YouTube here.
- Kurt will be skating in Rock The Ice on Feb. 6, 2013 in Peterborough, ON, alongside Jeff Buttle and Elvis Stojko. Tickets go on sale Friday.
- since 10/9/12:
- Kurt will be touring with Stars on Ice in the US, Japan, and Canada tours this season. The Stars on Ice Japan tour schedule has been announced. More information to come.
- Kurt performed a lovely version of Nyah with jumps for the Carnival on Ice show on Saturday evening. He also skated a surprise group number with Takahiko Kozuka and Jeffrey Buttle to "Guitar Concerto", performed live by Tomoyasu Hotei, in the beginning of the second act.
- since 10/5/12:
- Kurt took 2nd place at the Medal Winners Open last night in Saitama, Japan, with a joyful, light program to Singing in the Rain which earned him the highest component scores of the night (including 10's from several judges). Congratulations to Kurt, and to Jeffrey Buttle, who took 1st, and Ilia Kulik, who rounded out the podium in 3rd. For detailed score breakdowns, check out this pdf from the Japanese Skating Federation (you may need to install a font package). Tonight, he will perform Nyah at the Carnival on Ice exhibition, as a favor to Yuka Sato for her mom.
- since 9/30/12:
- Exciting news from Kurt on Twitter! "Gord Sinclair [of The Tragically Hip] has written and recorded a new solo for me. It is haunting. Look forward to another Kurt/Hip creation. Antares was in 98".
- since 9/28/12:
- since 9/27/12:
- since 9/21/12:
- since 9/17/12:
- Kurt will be skating in Holiday Festival on Ice, alongside Elvis Stojko, Jeff Buttle, Shawn Sawyer, Joannie Rochette, and Sinead & John Kerr. The show will be in St. John's, NL on Nov. 6, Langley, BC on Dec. 1, and Grand Prairie, AB on Dec. 4.
- since 9/9/12:
- Kurt will be skating in the Celebration on Ice tour this December, visiting four cities in Ontario.
- Updated the TV Schedule for the 2012-2013 season with the two events from Japan, and all of the CBC figure skating events (Kurt is a CBC commentator).